18 May 2010

Denial...

I have always been one of those women who struggled with her weight, but also one of those women who - to my deep embarrassment and shame - quietly scoffed at other women. I scoffed at those women who said things like:

I didn't realize that I had gotten that heavy until I saw myself in photo X. I was so shocked!

"How can you NOT notice that you've gained THAT much weight???" I would think snarkily to myself - feeling just a bit superior. "I mean really. How can you be shocked? You live with yourself everyday. Surely you must look in a mirror from time to time. Well, I guess you must have been in pretty serious denial."

Guess what?

I saw photos of myself today.

They are pretty horrifying.

I didn't realize that I had gotten that heavy.

I was so shocked.

There is no full length mirror in my house.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

And...Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment