So, here's the deal on that...there is still a LOT that has to happen before we become Plus One...
- I still need to get fingerprinted by our local police department (the only hours in which to take care of this task...Thursdays 10:00-noon and 1:00-2:30)
- we're waiting on the letter from the bank stating that we can afford The Kid
- I have yet to request a letter from my workplace
- we're waiting on letters of reference from friends
- also still waiting on an FBI clearance confirming that we are not terrorists or members of the Most Wanted list
- Chris and I need to submit all of our paperwork - once received - to social worker M
- social worker M needs to write up her report (the Home Study) stating that we are fit to be parents
- we need to submit our application to the adoption law firm
- after applying to the law firm then we need to write our profile materials
- profile then needs to be prepared by law firm folks and posted on the law firm website for viewing
- then we need to wait while profile is viewed by women considering placement via adoption
- hopefully we'll then be selected by a woman considering placement via adoption who proves to be a good "match" with us
- then there is the waiting until the baby is born
- then there is waiting to see if the mother will decide to parent her child instead of place her for adoption - and if that happens then we back up two steps and wait again
So...if, as Chris has indicated on his blog, there are 150 steps in this adoption...we're on about Step #96.
Patience, my friends. Patience.
(OK, anyone who knows me will think that last line is pretty funny.)