25 March 2010

Birthday grumpies...

It's my birthday today.

42.

I am now the same age as the answer to all of life's ultimate questions... (if you have no idea what this means, you are obviously not a geek. Refer to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)

I should be happy, right?

But I'm feeling rather grumpy.

Not really about my birthday. (Well, maybe a little.)

But I think it's more because of yesterday's flood in our basement. During the whole day I was actually very calm and worked with Chris (when I could - became very ill in the middle of the day and was out of commission for a few hours) to clean up the disaster that was Lake Watson. No hysterical raging fit or crying about how awful it was.

Nope.

I coped.

Quite well, if I do say so myself (and Chris is very thankful that I didn't have some kind of meltdown yesterday. Over dinner last night he tells me that he could not have coped with a flooded basement and an hysterical wife at the same time.)

Maybe today is the delayed reaction.

Or maybe I'm just grumpy because our whole routine was thrown off. Maybe I'm kind of like a baby in that respect. When my schedule gets interrupted - CRANKY! GRUMPYPANTS!

Who knows.

All I do know is that I am feeling pretty grumpified today.

Happy birthday to me.

Grrrr.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    I'm sorry that you're grumpified and am thinking a flooded basement is a pretty damn good reason to be a grouch. Are you going to do anything fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the b-day wishes, Dawn. Think my hubby is going to take me for dinner tonight. Then tomorrow evening - GAME NIGHT at the in-laws.

    I'm actually a little less grumpy now later in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize this is VERY late--which hopefully won't add to your grumpiness--but happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete