06 March 2010

56 sticks of butter....

That's how much weight I've lost so far...the equivalent of 56 sticks of butter (that's 14 pounds.)

That's also the equivalent of:
  • a small male Lhasa Apso or a large Shitzu
  • a medium sized Thanksgiving turkey
  • our cat Cecil
  • a bag of cat litter
  • 14 burritos from Chipotle
I stepped on the scale today expecting to have gained some weight (yum, carnitas last night at El Parque!), but discovered to my joy that I had lost another pound this week (and, yes, I stepped off the scale, stepped back on the scale and re-set it because I was so surprised and thought that I had read it wrong!)

This eat-right-and-exercise thing really works.

I know...

I have a long way to go before I get to my goal weight. Still, I'm extremely pleased with the progress so far! I feel really good that I am once again living a healthier life. Our little Schmoopie deserves a healthy, energetic mom - not an overweight, tired and grumpy one.

Now off to the library! I exercised my body earlier today...now it's time to exercise my brains!

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I keep trying to remember the sticks of butter thing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete