08 April 2010

Envy is a four-letter word...part 2

Still feeling a bit appalled with myself for feeling envious of M & J's upcoming trip abroad to be united with their 6-month old son.

Tried not to think about it last evening...which turned out to be surprisingly easy since I came home from work feeling pretty wrecked and passed out on the couch.

"Sweetie, you're asleep. Why don't you go to bed?" Chris says a third time at 9:30 p.m. to which I reply, "mmmph...OK" and finally stump off to the bedroom mostly already asleep.

This morning I awake after strange dreams.

And now I am here and what's on my mind again??? That we haven't gotten The Call and that other people we know have.

WTF???

Awful. Ugh. These are not the thoughts that I want to be having right now...or ever for that matter. I can't even believe that this ridiculousness is still rolling around in my head!! Especially with everything else (our ruined house!) that's going on.

Sigh.

Off to work.

Perhaps getting some work done will get these ugly and unnecessary thoughts out of my head.

Hope y'all are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment