02 April 2010

The aftermath...

Wake up this morning feeling LOUSY.

Headache. Dry eyes. Extremely upset stomach. Not quite feeling like I'm going to barf, but knowing that if I do I'd probably feel a whole lot better.

Physical? Psychological? A little of both?

Who cares?

I stay home from work.

Basically I think the stress of this week - which I must say that during the flood I handled really well and stayed quite calm in the face of Chris being the one with the very upset stomach - has finally caught up with me.

Big time.

My prayer this morning: Dear God, please let me barf and I promise that I'll be a good person forever and ever. I promise that I'll be a great wife and a great mom. I'll help the poor. Give all my money away. Just please let my stomach stop hurting.

Ugh.

No barfing, but thankfully more sleeping.

I sleep the morning away while Chris heads off to work. Me and Cecil camped out in our darkened bedroom - the only room in the house that's moderately clean and not filled with the chaos of the flood (although there are several laundry baskets of clean clothes needing to be put away...that might count as chaos under normal circumstances, but not today.) Cecil curls up tightly in a ball on top of the comforter (in Chris' spot) while I hunker down underneath the covers, both of us in something of a coma.

When I finally pour myself out of bed at noon, I feel somewhat better. Stomach not quite so upset and roiling around. Head not pounding. Eyes still dry, but that's manageable.

Cecil pours herself out of bed and heads out to the living room couch for her afternoon siesta.

I've just returned from a trip to Benny's where I purchase some plastic bins - for storing the various piles of stuff that we hauled up from the basement over the last few days. Our guest room is slated to become Flood Central Storage.

I have to start moving and organizing stuff in Flood Central Storage.

The problem:

I'm feeling distinctly overwhelmed by the chaos that is now our house.

Kind of feeling paralyzed by it all.

So I'm sitting here writing a blog post about getting cleaned up instead of actually engaging in the clean up.

And my stomach is raging a roiling up again.

This time I know that it's stress.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hadn't read here in a while so didn't know you were dealing with the flood thing. I live in a city that experiences flooding threats and realities although it appears we're escaping it this year.

    I sympathize completely with you and what you're going through. It's completely overwhelming and just plain shitty (no pun intended) to deal with flooding.

    I wish you luck for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes, Campbell! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you definitely escape any flooding this year. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Oy vay!

    ReplyDelete