24 December 2009

Overload...

I've been on "blog reading overload" for the last few days.

Really.

I cannot seem to get myself away from my computer. Or other people's blogs.

Last night I made Chris take me to a movie so I wouldn't sit on the couch all night reading blogs.

And when we got home and I should have been getting ready for bed, where was I and what was I doing? Yup. On the couch again reading reading reading blogs.

As a result of this blog reading overload I have neglected my own little corner of the blogosphere.

Could this possibly be because the last few posts have been so serious that they require additional follow up posts to continue working through my thoughts? And I just don't want to do that right now? Have I been reading other people's blogs so I don't have to address my own?

Yup.

Sneaky, eh?

I've been wimping out for a while on The Serious Post...and I believe that this is going to be a continuing trend for the short term.

Additionally, all of those serious thoughts that I haven't been writing down on the blog are now competing with all of the Christmas stuff in my brain: making macaroons, what I need to buy at the store to make the macaroons, how much gift wrap I need to buy that won't leave me with tons of leftover to store all year long, getting the house clean so we can enjoy Christmas weekend sans clutter, deciding where I'm going to hide Chris' stocking this evening, figuring out what I'm going to wear for the various family events coming up this weekend, hoping that all of my various in-laws will prepare food that I can actually eat (read: gluten free), blah, blah, blah.

So...I think for the next few days that I'm going to try to stay away from the computer. From thinking heavy and deep thoughts. From reading other people's heavy and deep thoughts. From all things bloggy.

And I'm just going to enjoy the holiday weekend.

Hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment