22 November 2009

Liar, liar...

pants on fire!

I did not get out of the house today to run errands as I said I would in my last post.

I sat on the couch all day and wallowed in my grief.

Stupid.

Now am getting off my ass to clean the kitchen (which desperately needs cleaning.)

And to bake.

Years ago, when I was very depressed and when I discovered that I had some small talent with sugar, flour and butter, I would spend many of my "down days" perfecting my toll house cookies, attempting to re-create my Grandma Yetta's chocolate chip cookie recipe (never written down anywhere and yet to be re-created) or baking the infamous Flora's Apple Cake (infamous because of its amazing richness and fat content and the fact that it is humanly IMPOSSIBLE to eat just one slice.)

The problem with baking when you're depressed is that you tend to eat the fruits of your labor.

We'll see if I can manage to refrain from downing 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies later this evening.

Wish me luck.

I'm still really sad.

But I just can't sit around anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment